PRESIDENT & AIRPORT MANAGER
Frederick Ford is the President and Airport Manager of AIA. Ford has been involved in the development of the Airport from the beginning and his strong relationships with all stakeholders in the industry, government and state have been key to the success of its development.
Ford has worked in the aviation and airline industry for over 50 years and has served in many highly influential roles including:
• Executive Director of the Chicago-Rockford International Airport during its construction as a cargo reliever to Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Developed cargo facilities for Airborne Express, CF/Emery and United Parcel Service, 1988-1994
• Vice President of Airport Services, Pan Am World Services, leading Pan Am Airport Privatization/Contract Management practice, 1984-1987
• CEO of Hillford Associates’ air cargo facility development at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, driving development of the facility for UPS, FedEx, China Air and Zantop/Evergreen, 1980-1985
• Director of Aviation at Massachusetts Port Authority, responsible for all operating departments including development of the Bird Island Flats Cargo City project, 1978-1980
• Director of Operations and Airport General Manager, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, 1972-1978
Ford’s aviation industry awards and honors include Distinguished Lecturer at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX; guest lecturer at the Aviation Training Institute of London UK; guest lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology; guest lecturer at Northern Illinois University and elected as President of the SCC American Association of Airport Executives.